POST 2: Songs and Memories

 Renato Vergara

Hi! when I read the topic that we had to write about in this blog I thought it would be easy to find a story to tell, but honestly it took me a while to remember something, maybe it's because several of the songs that I relate to some events or memories are not the ones I listen to every day.

One of the songs that I thought of, is one that probably many of us had to play on an instrument in our childhood, it's called "Little star, where are you?" this song makes me remember that as a child, for some reason that I don't remember I wanted to have a violin, my parents gave me one as a gift and I started going to classes every Saturday, the truth is that I wasn't good at playing the violin but it entertained me, at the end of the workshop we did a presentation in which I had to play this song.

I also remember a summer when I was about 13 years old, with my family we went on vacation to the south of Chile, to Villarrica, in the car there was a pendrive with few songs, most of the songs were by Juan Luis Guerra, Every time I listen to this singer, I remember sitting in the back of the car listening over and over to songs like “ojala que llueva café” or “las avispas” as we traveled down the road.

Finally I will talk about a song that reminds me of a very important operation that I had as a child, at that time, a song called "no me doy por vencido" was heard a lot on the radio, and from listening to it several times I learned it and sang it, well, after this operation my father wanted to play the song,my cousin and my brother laughed because the song didn't have much to do with the moment, but it finally became part of the memory of that moment.

And well, although it took me a little longer than I thought, I ended up remembering several moments that are related to songs.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

POST 3: A person I would like to meet